As the leading synthetic phonics publisher, and the most experienced, we offer a 7-year school programme that teaches not only phonics, but spelling, punctuation and grammar too.
- Systematic teaching of phonics, grammar, spelling and punctuation across the school years
- Teaching is multi-sensory and active, with fun actions, stories and songs
- Independent research supports the outstanding results achieved around the world with the programme
- Continues to revise and extend children’s phonic knowledge
- Flexible and easy to implement in your school
- Developed by teachers for teachers
Jolly Phonics is a comprehensive programme, based on the proven, fun and muliti-sensory synthetic phonics method that gets children reading and writing from an early age. This means that we teach letter sounds as opposed to the alphabet. These 42 letter sounds are phonic building blocks that children, with the right tools, use to decode the English language. When reading a word, they recognise the letters and blend together the respective sounds; when writing a word they identify the sounds and write down the corresponding letters. These skills are called blending and segmenting.